Pages

10 November 2010

MoFo Day 10! Tomato Rosemary Scones

Lately, I just haven’t been craving sweet things for breakfast. Yesterday morning, I ate chips and hummus out of sheer laziness. So, knowing I had to get up kinda early today, I decided to make some savory scones last night. I’ve never really had savory scones, but the Vegan Brunch Tomato Rosemary Scones had some pretty awesome reviews on the PPK boards.

The mixing process gave me some trouble. I’m not really sure what I did, but the dough became really gummy and sticky. I ended up having to add a bunch of flour just to get it to not completely stick to the counter. I’m guessing I overmixed. Or maybe there was too much baking powder. Or liquid. I don’t know. I ate one last night to make sure they were edible. They totally are. The flavor is awesome, but the texture was more like a puffy biscuit. Not bad, just not the scone-y goodness I was craving.

1 comment: