Pages

18 November 2010

MoFo Day 18! Sweet potato black bean quesadilla

What do you call a quesadilla without queso?

I've been thinking about making something to this effect all week. I bought a bunch of sweet potatoes, intending to use them for soup, but I really haven't been in the mood for soup lately.

Tonight, I needed something quick to make for dinner. I was in the middle of baking cookies for the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, when I realized I needed to eat.

I always have a few cans of black beans on hand, and I happened to buy some (oh so photogenic) red chile tortillas the other day. So, naturally, I thought about the awesomeness that is sweet potatoes with black beans. I was too hungry to roast the potato properly, so I zapped it in the microwave for about 6 minutes. I peeled the skin away and smashed it up with some olive oil and chile powder. For the bean layer, I sauteed some black beans with a little olive oil, a tomato and some Frontera Chipotle Salsa. Add slices from half an avocado, and it's a surprisingly filling meal. In fact, I'm sitting here, picking at the last quarter because I'm pretty damn full.

2 comments:

  1. I always forget how great sweet potatoes and black beans go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all over this one as soon as I'm home from vacation.

    ReplyDelete