Pages

10 November 2010

Unrelated to MoFo, but still awesome and vegan...

So I've been out of work for over 2 months. I had surgery and am now dealing with some complications that have extended my recovery leave. Sucks.

The other day, my friend Kim posted something on my Facebook wall. "Hey KK. What's new? Hit me up sometime. I was thinking we could have a lil' fall potluck/bbq or somethin for you before the weather is too awful to be outside. Miss you sweets!"

I read it, simply excited to hear from her. I've really been missing work and all of my friends there, and Kim is one of my favorites. I go in to buy groceries and talk to our PBS and stuff, but it's not the same.

It wasn't until I'd already responded that I noticed she said "for you". What!? For me? Whoa. I wasn't expecting that.

Yesterday, I went in to drop off some paperwork, and I saw Kim. We caught up and she mentioned the potluck again. And again, she said it was for me. It'll be at her house, and all the food will be vegan. We settled on Monday night.

So, at least one of my MoFo posts will be about the food at the potluck. Squee! I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment