Pages

04 November 2010

MoFo Day 3 (late)! Simple Fall Oatmeal

I missed a day already. Dammit Comcast! Why do you suck so much? We’re having difficulties with them. Our service was interrupted. We paid to turn it back on (or so we thought), had internet again for 24 hours, and then they turned it off again. I called today and they said the payment my roommate made went to some deposit. But we paid the deposit months ago. Gaaaah! It’s so frustrating. We’re planning on going to the office to sit down with someone to figure this all out. Until then, I’m intermittently going to Fred’s to snag his internet.

Anyway. Food!

Oatmeal is a pretty standard breakfast for me. The one in today’s pic is a little different, if only for the fact that I accidentally made twice as much as I normally do. Whoops. I sadly couldn’t eat it all. I hate throwing away food. The combo, though is pretty standard.

I usually simmer the oats in whatever non-dairy milk I have open in the fridge instead of any water. Usually, I have unsweetened almond milk. It’s a 1:2 oats to milk ratio. I typically make half a cup of oats to one cup milk.

I usually like to switch it up on toppings. I almost always have berries in the freezer, which I’ll thaw in the microwave, and I’ll usually add some sort of spice (cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger are pretty standard roatation). Today, I wasn’t feeling particularly berry-y or especially spicy. I wanted something a little simpler. I threw in some dried cranberries, pecans, a smattering of raw sugar and some maple syrup. Very fall. Very yum. I just wish I could’ve finished it.


No comments:

Post a Comment