Pages

07 November 2010

MoFo Day 6 (late)! Hangover breakfast!

Okay. So internet should be back at my apartment as of last night. I was pretty busy yesterday, and I stayed at Fred's last night, so I haven't been home to check yet. But that's the rumor. I'm damn determined to post 30 times this month. Comcast be damned!

Today's breakfast came about pretty easily. I could have made oatmeal in about 5 minutes, but I wanted something savory. I really wanted tofu scramble (in fact, it's rare that I don't want tofu scramble in the morning), but I didn't have any veggies to spare. Stupid strict budget. But! I did have an extra potato of questionable age chillin' in the crisper, as well as some tempeh bacon that needed to be used. Pesto-rosemary potatoes, it is!

I just winged it on the potatoes, but I did pay attention to what I was doing. That's a first.

1 T oil
1 yukon gold potato, diced
1 T onion, minced
1 tsp pesto paste
1/2 tsp rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

-Heat oil in skillet on medium, sautee onion for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant
-Add potatoes and sautee for 5 minutes
-Add pesto, rosemary, salt and pepper
-Cover and reduce heat to medium-low until potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, about 10 minutes

While the potatoes were covered, I threw in the tempeh bacon and fried until it was browned and crispy, turning once. I like my potatoes a little on the charred side (thanks, Dad!), hence the brownish-blackish awesome below.


With a slice of wheat bread and some Bonne Maman Four Fruits Preserves, this isn't exactly the heathiest, most balanced breakfast, but it was exactly what I needed to sop up some of the beer still sloshing around my tummy.

My roommate had an extra ticket to see Ben Folds the night before, took pity on me and bought all my beer last night. I love her! I also loved the nostalgia quotient of last night's show. It brought me back to high school and early college, but in the best way possible. Thanks, C!

1 comment: