Pages

17 November 2010

MoFo Day 17! Jerk Seitan

When I made pho the other day, I made a double batch of seitan. That second half paid off today. After physical therapy, I was super hungry. I had a quick banana to stave off hunger. Then I pulled out Vegan with a Vengeance and flipped to the Jerk Seitan recipe. I had everything to make it. Yay!

Well, I did sub out a red pepper for the suggested green pepper, because green peppers are unripened little devils. The sauce was really good. The spices were right on with the jerk flavorings I've tried in the past. I would have liked a little extra heat, but that's easily solved in the opening paragraph. Next time I try this, I'll add a serrano. I served the seitan with some brown rice and roasted sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, chili powder and ginger. It was a tasty, easy little dinner. And there are plenty of leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yum, I love the jerk seitan from VWAV.I love her Ethiopian Seitan, too!! Do you like that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes! I made a jerk marinade the other day but from Caribbean Vegan - such a great meal!

    ReplyDelete